•  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous
  1. Accueil
  2. Livres
  3. Sciences humaines
  4. Histoire & Politique
  5. Histoire
  6. Amérique
  7. A Nation Divided: Electing Abraham Lincoln, the First Anti-Slavery President, Erupts Into a Brutal Civil War Ending Slavery in America

A Nation Divided: Electing Abraham Lincoln, the First Anti-Slavery President, Erupts Into a Brutal Civil War Ending Slavery in America EBOOK

Joseph Adler
Ebook | Anglais
8,99 €
+ 8 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

As I did research for this book, it became apparent that extreme consequences are possible when a nation becomes deeply divided. This division occurred in the 1850's and 1860's, and is with the United States again as of 2023. In 1861, civil strife lead to a civil war. President Abraham Lincoln had to deal with a nation at war with itself. This book has unique features. There are links to songs of slaves and soldiers incorporated into the narrative; there is discussion of issues of the present time, which were unresloved by the Civil War; Lincoln's leadership was of profound importance; also discover that:

Lincoln got the support of the mass of the white population by representing their interests and attitudes. One thousand women joined the Union army and fought alongside the men. Two hundred thousand freed black slaves fought as Union soldiers and sailors. Native Americans (Indians) were involved in the war, including General Eli Parker, an Iroquois Seneca Anti-slavery foreign troops from Italy, Scotland and Germany fought with the Union army. Russia was the only major European power to support Lincoln's war against slavery. England and France aided the Confederacy.

I teach United States History in a special and unique way. Accompanying myself on guitar, I sing songs of the time period we are discussing. I've included many of these songs in this book.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
29-06-23
Format: