20,95 €
+ 41 points
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

ALL THESE ARE MEMORIES OF MY VOYAGE has been described as ` a story of sibling rivalry, mathematics, medicine, fashion, art and unrequited loves ending in death '. But that is merely the background.. `Mention Talavera Street and you'd hear..."What, live there! No way! Bloody Poles and Irish - which is worse?" Of the two Ryan girls, Serena decides that she is a Polish, but Little Jen, with her pale skin and her red hair, has to be an Irish. Thrown together as sisters they grow up sharing everything. This was all very well when they were little, but more difficult as they grew older and the bonds of childhood frayed. By the time they are adult it is a comlete disaster for the two men who are carried along in their wake. The result in a miniature saga of complicity, comedy and obsessional love lit up by "glints from the giant, glittering, mirror-scaled serpent of madness". Only Jennifer's self-sacrifice makes a space for the others to live completed lives.' The story spreads over three decades and several countries, and over the life of science and the life of art. It includes heart-break, film, computing and sex. ALL THESE ARE MEMORIES OF MY VOYAGE is the culmination of a long series of short stories, plays and radio scripts which have appeared in various guises and under different titles during the past 30 years. Of one selection `TheScotsman' wrote that they were `deep and intelligent as well as nifty'.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
07-02-08