Format
Date de disponibilité inconnue
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

SHORTLISTED FOR THE 2022 MILES FRANKLIN LITERARY AWARD

Pain was Joe Grim's self-expression, his livelihood and reason for being.

A superstar boxer who rarely won a fight, Grim distinguished himself for his extraordinary ability to withstand physical punishment.

In this wild and expansive novel, Michael Winkler moves between the present day and Grim's 1908-09 tour of Australia, bending genres and histories into a kaleidoscopic investigation of pain, masculinity, and narrative.

Pain is often said to defy the limits of language. And yet Grimmish suggests that pain - physical and mental - is also the most familiar and universal human condition; and, perhaps, the secret source of our impulse to tell stories.

"A powerful blast of literary ingenuity and originality." - Lloyd Jones, author of Mister Pip

"Grimmish meets a need I didn't even know I had. I lurched between bursts of wild laughter, shudders of horror, and gasps of awe at Winkler's verbal command: the freshness and muscle of his verbs, the unstoppable flow of his images, the bizarre wit of the language of pugilism--and all the while, a moving subterranean glint of strange masculine tenderness." - Helen Garner

]"All the makings of a cult classic. It's grotesque and gorgeous, smart and searching." - Beejay Silcox, The Guardian

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
25-04-23