14,95 €
+ 29 points
Livraison sous 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

You may be wondering why a doctor would attempt to write a (supposedly) humorous book about cancer. Well, I have found that too many people, even other physicians, think that working with cancer patients is very serious business and must be pretty depressing work. However, my experience has been quite the opposite. The cancer patients with whom I have had the privilege to work with demonstrate humour, smiles and positivity every day. It helps them face their disease, cope with treatment and get on with their lives in a positive and meaningful way. They are definitely among the most grateful people I have ever met, and working with them has made me a happier and better person. Much of the practice of medicine is about relationships and, as we all know, relationships, at least good relationships, are often filled with humour. Within oncology (the specialty of cancer treatment), just like any other field of medicine, special relationships develop between patients and their physicians, and humour is often involved. That is definitely what I have observed in my clinical practice. This book is dedicated to cancer patients, as well as their families and friends. All the stories are based on my personal experiences and observations over 25 years of medical practice. Believe me, I am not a comedian or humourist - just ask my kids. I would never be able to make up such funny stories myself.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
12-02-16