67,45 €
+ 134 points
Livraison sous 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

In early 2003, I was a supervisor for pre-service teachers. During a visit, I noticed a child's letter- writing practice asking the then-President Bush to avenge 9/11 (2001). I asked if the teacher had noticed what the child wrote and she responded by telling me she hadnt even looked at them, it was just practice. I grew up exposed to gang violence, I taught Kindergarten knowing some of my students witnessed domestic violence; I know violence affects children and their healthy development. I wanted to know how other teachers responded to the types of violence they believe their students experience. The only way to know is to ask. This is the culmination of surveys, interviews and focus groups with pre, - first year, and veteran classroom teachers from very different elementary schools. I learned that responses vary. Violence is an epidemic sickening children all over the world. I hope this book will add to or begin the conversation that will result in how we treat children around the world. They are more than, "the future." Children are the barometer by which we measure our goodness. We need to do better.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
28-04-09