25,45 €
+ 50 points
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Here, in Elizabeth Macklin's second collection, an only child's responses to the fait accompli of childhood--decisions already made, accidents of history and family, patterns preset--come to the adult mind in the presence of change and grief. The mind regroups as it can: "later light on the hills of houses / before us / just as they are, as versus none."

"[P]oems of abrupt perception and rigorous lyricism."--New York Times Book Review "I love Elizabeth Macklin's poems."--Thomas Lux "The joy and intelligence in these poems is simply tremendous."--Tomaz Salamun, author of The Four Questions of Melancholy "Mastery as well as mystery, and we are grateful for what we've just been told."--Richard Howard "Macklin the Magician does it again!....dazzling evocations."--Marie Ponsot, author of The Bird Catcher "[A]n exceedingly wise book--and joyful, too, though the joy is never glib or easy-won..."--Bill McKibben "Elizabeth Macklin talks to me, woman to woman, poet to poet. In listening to her, I am rewarded."--Nina Cassian

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais
Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :